We spend a third of our lives sleeping. Yet so many of us are sleeping on the importance of quality rest, which is critical for optimizing energy, focus, mood, metabolism, and longevity.
That was the driving force behind the creation of Peak Rest™️. In the video above, Lifeforce co-founder Dr. Peter Diamandis and Lifeforce Scientific and Innovation Advisor Dr. Hector Lopez take an in-depth look at this comprehensive formula and why it rises above the rest.
The goal of Peak Rest™️ is to help you “win the evening,” says Dr. Lopez. “We want to optimize and prime the neurochemistry of sleep.” To do that, we work with your body’s natural rhythms to “enhance the normal architecture of sleep,” explains Dr. Lopez. This architecture consists of stages, including deep non-REM and lighter REM (rapid eye movement) sleep.
“Peak Rest™ was formulated to maximize a smooth transition into and out of all typical stages of sleep,” says Dr. Lopez. “You should expect to feel more refreshed, alert, and well-rested in the mornings.”
Why Not Just Take Melatonin?
Melatonin is the first thing that comes to mind when most people think of sleep products. And the Peak Rest™ formula does include melatonin, but with an upgrade. “We did something a little more sophisticated than most melatonin on the market,” Dr. Lopez says.
He explains that with typical melatonin, 90% of it is released within the first hour and the remaining 10% is deployed over the next 3 hours. “We hear from people that their sleep onset was fantastic, but then they’re wide awake at 2 or 3 a.m,” Dr. Lopez says. Instead, Peak Rest™ uses a more unique, multimodal sustained release model. You get 40% in the initial hour, 50% over five hours, and the last 10% in the final two hours of sleep. “So you get a full seven hours of sustained release melatonin throughout the night,” says Dr. Lopez. (Keep in mind, this data is based on how Peak Rest™️'s MicroActive™ Melatonin is released when ingested. Getting a full night's sleep still depends on various lifestyle, biological, and personal factors, Dr. Lopez notes.)
Inside the Ingredients of Peak Rest™
Dr. Lopez and his team also wanted to go “beyond melatonin,” he says. In true Lifeforce fashion, Peak Rest™ takes a multi-dimensional approach to not only enhance sleep, but also promote relaxation, ease stress, and improve mood.
Let’s break down some of the other cutting-edge ingredients:
Glycine: In clinical studies, this amino acid has been shown to reduce the amount of time it takes to fall into a deep sleep and improve fatigue the next day, says Dr. Lopez. It reduces core body temperature, which signals to your body that it’s time to go into rest mode. It also modulates NMDA (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptors in the brain to prevent overstimulation.
CLOCK®: This patented formula is an extract of daylily and rosemary combined with a beneficial sugar alcohol called Inositol. CLOCK® may increase levels of BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor), a molecule that helps the brain form new connections and protects healthy brain cells. Dr. Lopez says, “Taking this before bed improved daytime mood, alertness, energy, and the feeling of being well-rested upon rising again the next morning.”
Zylaria™: This plant extract has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for years. It helps optimize the neurotransmitter GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid), which plays a role in reducing stress and enabling the body and mind to relax. “It essentially decreases brainwave activity that would be associated with overstimulation,” explains Dr. Lopez.
Venetron®: In addition to optimizing GABA, this ingredient also enhances production of serotonin, a feel-good neurotransmitter in the brain. In four human clinical trials, Venetron® was shown to not only improve the duration of deep sleep, but also improve mood the next day.
This is just a sneak peek at what you’ll find in Peak Rest™. For more details, watch the video above. Then head here to try Peak Rest™ for yourself.
This article was medically reviewed by:
Kerri Masutto, MD, ABIM Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner
Hector Lopez, MD, CSCS, FISSN, Fellow of the International Society for Sports Nutrition
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult a physician prior to use if pregnant/nursing, taking any medication, have any medical conditions, or are being treated for depression, anxiety, or sleep disorder. Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or engage in any activity that requires alertness while using this product. Do not use if inner seal is broken or missing. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.